Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sleeping Angels-a reflection



Thank goodness for sleep time or it would be really hard to feel blessed having kids. (I'm really just being dramatic.) I find that night time is the best time to feel love and awe for my children. After a day of Garrett dumping the entire contents of parmesan cheese out on him and the table, after Natalie trying to open my bad of sunflower seeds by my computer and causing an explosion of seeds and seasoning everywhere, after Emma sitting at the piano and bawling her head off about it being too hard, when she hasn't even tried and plays it almost perfectly when she does, after feeling at the end of my rope almost every night with kids, house, life- I like to go in an watch my kids when they are sleeping. It humbles me, gives me a renewed sense of purpose, and makes me realize how much I truly love and adore my kids. Thank goodness for those quiet times and the small things that make this life and our decisions seem so worth it.

5 comments:

Julee and Matt said...

Sleeping kids are wonderful...I enjoy when all of them want to sleep at the same time. :) I hope that Garrett gets to feeling better soon and that things work out.

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

So true! We are blessed to have children even when we feel like dropping them off somewhere for days on end. :)

Your sleeping angels are precious!

Merry said...

So true! I feel very much the same right now. I love bedtime! My two year old's nap time has sadly been removed from our daytime routine. But I love my children and I am so grateful for them.

Andrea said...

I know exactly what you mean...it is at these times, though, that the guilt sets in and I wonder how in the world I could EVER get mad at these little angels....then they wake up and I am reminded. :) HAHA! Just kidding...kind of.

Michelle R said...

I feel this way too! I usually peek in on my kiddos before I go to bed so that I have those sweet images in my head. It helps me forget about the CRAP we put each other through!