Tuesday, April 28, 2009

To be (fat) or not to be...


Ok, so I'm going to go on a rant right about now. I am what you call, quite curvy, and what is wrong with that? All my life I've been a bigger girl, even when I worked out like a crazy person. And I was mostly always fine with that. I didn't stress about what I ate, or what my size was. I accepted myself for who I was. Right now is not the case. I've been beating myself up lately for the weight I've put on in the last year. I had lost a lot of weight the year before and felt like I could keep going that way. But then came two moves, a new town, more stress. I just couldn't keep up the constant work outs, and I didn't want to. I got into a funk, and am finding it hard to get out of it. I wouldn't say I'm depressed, but I definitely haven't been as exstatic about my life as of late. I work a lot, Adam is constantly doing homework so I feel like a single parent when I am home, it's just been hard to get back into working out and focusing on myself. And it's not like I'm a sloth or anything, I do workout at least 2-3 times a week, more if the weather is nice. But losing weight? Forget it! I like to eat healthy things, just don't want to only eat them. I don't want to deprive myself of something I want, because that will make me want it more.
I've decided the solution to this problem is to realize that I am a worthwhile, special, talented person, no matter what my size might be at the moment. I need to be happy with my inside self, and not worry about what the outside looks like. And shame on media and society for making us feel this way about ourselves. We are just as great people being big, as others are being small. Our size shouldn't matter, as long as we still are trying to live a healthy life and be a good person, which I am.
So, I'm going to be happy with myself as I am right now. I may lose weight in the near future, but I'm not going to let things affect me as the have before and I'm not going to stress over being pleasantly plump. Because I'm good enough, smart enough, and doggonit, people like me!

6 comments:

Philip and Melissa said...

That a girl Kretha!!!!!!!!! I think you're absolutely beautiful the way you are...and I'd be mad at you if you tried to change that! Power to the people!!!!

Swanson Family said...

Thank you for that - I really needed to hear it! I need to start thinking that way about myself....

Lindsey said...

You go girl! Your awesome, and darn it people like you!

Lima Bean said...

Please. you are not pleasantly plump. But I know you didn't write this post to get everyone to comment and say you're not fat. :-) I am like you, in that I just love food. And man, when this poisonous baby finally decides to leave my body and allow me to eat good food again I am going to seriously PIG OUT!

stacie said...

I love your post! You are one busy woman, and you look good!

Kellie said...

I like you too :)just the way you are!