Friday, December 4, 2009

Wildlife Safari

So this summer the kids and I had an opportunity to go with a Coburg Summer program to wildlife safari. I wanted to take the kids to the pool because it was supposed to be about 100 degrees and walking around outside was not my idea of fun. But I relented so we cruised down and had a blast!!! I highly recommend this to anyone in Oregon who lives close enough to go. The group rented a tour guide in an old, ghetto school bus but he was interesting and even though we felt like we were in a sauna, we learned a lot and got a lot of great pics. And luckily there was a lot of spray machines going so we got misted everywhere we went.

One of the grizzly bears. We saw so many cool animals. I was in awe.

The kids near the koi pond.

Natalie milking, er, watering the cow.

The cheetah. Up close and personal.



The beautiful flamingos. I'm telling you, this was one of the best trips I've taken, and I can be hard to please, especially when it is hot out!




1 comments:

Whitmer Family said...

Cool! We've been wanting to do that, but I didn't know if it was worth the trip. Sounds like we'll have to work it into our summer outings this summer! Thanks for the tip!