Sunday, May 16, 2010

Random Ramblings

The girls' school had a fiddle player come and teach all the grades a little about playing, and at the end they put on a performance for their parents. I will post them playing because it's really cute, but the girls got to where they want to take fiddle lessons, so we are going to see if Adam's cousin could teach that and/or the piano, whichever one they take to. I would love to get a little family blue grass band going. Fiddle, banjo, it is my dream to play one of those! Hopefully we are on our way!


We had a big wind storm come through, and I was at work when I got a text from my neighbor saying our tree had blown down and was taking up half our street. The chick is never serious, so I totally did not believe her. We went back and forth until she decided to send me a picture on my phone. I still had about an hour to go at work! My sister in law was watching the kids and wasn't able to tell me, so this is what I came home too. I was so grateful that it hadn't blown down the other direction! The neighborhood kids loved playing on and in the tree until the city workers came and got it cut out of the road for us. And of course Adam worked late this night so didn't even come home till it had mostly been cleared. Pretty crazy!

The girls have been playing soccer again, with Adam coaching Natalie's team. He wasn't going to but no one else would coach, so we decided to team coach. I basically assist him. But it's nice because with my new work schedule, I can go to practices to help out and also to games, which I missed a lot last season. Emma's team is fun to watch because they have better concept of how to play. But I am proud of the girls getting out there and trying their best and having fun.

My sister, some friends, and I are doing a half marathon in June in Bend, so my sister decided I needed the experience of running a long race, so we signed up for the Pear Blossom race down in Medford and it's a 10 miler. I had to push my training up to get ready for this race since it wasn't too long after I started my training, but it went well and I was able to run with my sister the whole way. My mom came down with us and we spent the whole weekend with my grandparents and were able to visit with a lot of family which was great. We had a good time and I feel a little more prepared for the 13 miles coming up. This picture is us after the race. See how I am able to smile? It wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be.




Garrett and his new cousin Noah- born to Catrina and Charlie. This kids is so stinkin cute, I can't stand it. I mean Noah, but my boy is pretty darn cute himself, of course!






2 comments:

stacie said...

I just read all your posts until december! crazy things happening your way and didn't even know it! Glad the tree didn't hurt anybody! Good luck on your run next month! you'll do great!

Stephanie said...

We'll see you next week in Sunriver... it's our annual Stanley reunion / racing week.
I agree that your big man is so cute... and Noah rocks.