Sunday, May 16, 2010

Another attempt

Ok, so it has been about 6 months since I last blogged. Oh yeah, that long baby. And there have been plenty of things to blog about, I just couldn't seem to get the gumption. Sometimes I love the technology that helps us keep in touch, and other days I get overwhelmed. I mean, look at digital cameras. How many of us actually print out all the billions of pictures we take with them?
So, I am making another attempt at this blogging thing in hopes that my family and friends really do care to know what is going on with me and my family, and to hopefully be better about looking into your lives as well.
The next couple posts will be a brief update to get us up to speed and hopefully I can use the blog as a journal, etc. So, here goes...

Emma turned 8 on Feb 15 and was baptised on March 6th at 10am. Weird time, right? My mom was wonderful enough to make her a dress she could get baptised in. She made me help but I really couldn't complain. It turned out great and it's a wonderful keepsake. Plus she can wear it till she grows out of it. She is happy to feel the Holy Ghost with her and was happy to make this step in her life and progression.


In February, my parents rented a house in Sunriver for everyone to congregate in. It had 7 bedrooms and was perfect for everyone to fit comfortably but also have your own space. There was a huge hot tub that we hammered every day, and we had one side of the house for our family, since it's the biggest. There wasn't much snow but we were on a golf course and had snow on one side of the course, so the kids were able to do some sledding. The weather was sunny and wonderful and it was a great bonding time. We played a lot of Beatles Rockband thanks to Brynne, but not the drums which made me very sad.

This was not as fun for me as it looked. I used to like to ice skate but after this experience, probably won't feel the need to do it again. I looked like an absolute fool, especially next to my brother and sister acting like pair skaters around me.
























1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yay... we love Sunriver too.
Welcome back.