Monday, September 13, 2010

I love this Day!

I felt the need to post today about how it went. Today was a wonderful day. The sun was shining, the air warmed up, and I felt the Spirit so strong at church. I know it is because I have been trying to change my attitude, pray to my Father in Heaven more and read and ponder my scriptures. What a difference that makes in my attitude and outlook on life. I was happy today, social at church (usually I do my calling and avoid conversation), and enjoyed my kids-ok, except this morning when I was trying to work on my lesson for church and the kids kept coming in for "mom" this and "mom" that. Don't you realize you have a father as well? Sometimes I think they forget. Or maybe he happened to be hiding at that time. Anyways, the kids were good at church which makes me happy, and then my lesson went really well. I teach the 10 year old girls. We had good discussion and I felt the spirit. Oh, and the talks were awesome! A girl in my class' parents spoke and they did a wonderful job. After church we had the missionaries for dinner and we didn't know we had signed up, but I was able to make a dinner of fried chicken breasts, mashed red potatoes and it was a hit. So that felt good of course. And I loved having the missionaries over. We talked about getting more involved in missionary work and it was great to sit and talk with them about that, because that is what they do every day, of course. We really love our friends and family and want them to feel the happiness we do. So that was fun to get pumped up. Then after dinner we went on a walk, talked to the girls about their new school-they are in a spanish immersion school and I was so sick with worry over how Emma was going to like it, but she says she does, even though she doesn't understand much right now. It eased my mind to talk to them and we will continue forward for at least a month, and then reconvine.
I have been doing a good job journaling and that has made me very happy. I realized I hadn't written in Natalie's journal since Dec of 2008! Hello, mother failure of the year! I cannot remember anything that happened in the first part of 2009. Luckily I made this goal and can now get back on track with this. My hand got really tired though-what having a computer will do to you!-and so couldn't write for too long, but the little I did made me feel good.
I felt extremely happy today, and that was good because it has been a long time since I felt this happy. Hopefully I can keep it up for awhile. And lose some weight-that would make me
happy-er!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love this post, because it was like I was talking to you on the phone and saying, "So, how was your day?" Glad to see you posting more! :)

stacie said...

Thanks for the e-mail and update- I forget to come and look at blogs lately. I was meaning to ask you- is the teacher for Emma Meredith Sprague? She was Jacie's kinderprep teacher last year- and she's awesome! She said she was teaching 3rd grade at the Spanish immersion school- so just wondering... :) So- my post is probably more along your e-mail instead of this post- but congrats on the potty training! such a relief to get that done! I'm tempted to get Ben started early! :) This post is good for me to read too though, because it reminds me I should make some goals that I've been slacking on too!

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

this is so wonderful to hear. I think I've been able to see a difference so keep it up! I love you!!