Saturday, September 11, 2010

Oh, the woes of digital cameras!

Let me explain...I love digital cameras. They are so convenient, so accessible, so user friendly. But oh the amount of pictures they produce! I have 3 photo albums from my youth. Three! And my mom was amazing at capturing it. She is one of the most organized, with-it gals I know and I will never live up to that. She had all 5 of our memories organized into boxes, (not 5 memories, 5 kids' memories) folders for each year with our artwork, our achievements. All of us have baby books filled to the max, and we all have journals that she has keep of our lives as youth. Yes, that is right, all five of us!
So, the challenge I find nowadays, is the amount of pictures I have of my kids, and I only have 3! And the amount of family pictures to boot. My kids will each end up having about 10 big albums to their names with all the pictures I have. Or it could be more...And I am not a snap happy person. I see an opportunity, I take it, but am not taking a billion pics of everything. I recently, FINALLY, had some pictures printed out. Because what good are they if they stay on the computer, never to be looked at again? 50 bucks later, and 6 enormous envelopes of pictures, I have some, but still have a ton to print out!! And they just sit in a shoe box because I don't know what to do with them. Should I try to scrapbook, or just start buying the ridiculous amounts of albums to start shoving them in? I don't know, but I am slowly but surely on my way to something. What happened to the good old days when you had 24 precious pictures per roll? Sigh...

1 comments:

Marcee said...

I love this! Your mom is amazing! I have 5 kids and can't even begin to imagine how she did all that! I do scrapbook, and LOVE it! but I am really liking the idea of a journal for each of them. How the heck did she do it? I am going to try it! You are SO imcredibly motivating right now. Just thought you should know. :)