Sunday, September 19, 2010

Summer Fun

We had a pretty relaxing summer. I had to work 3 days a week, so the kids were with Adam's sister a lot. We weren't able to do a lot or go anywhere really. We had a camping trip to Loon lake and it was a nice weekend, except for getting eaten alive by the mosquitoes. We also made a trip down to Grants Pass to check out the school in Ashland. We were thinking of moving there and now I wish we had given it some more thought, or I wish I was on board more. But there is a reason we decided to stay and I hope it's because I get into the program I am going to apply for.
The kids and I went on some nice hikes, we have a lot of hiking around our town, which makes it nice and the kids love to do it. And its a fun way for me to get a workout without killing my body.
We went swimming some, did crafts and basically just chilled and got ready for the start of the school year.
Garrett working on the potty training. He is doing so good now, and it is a joy to be off diaper duty all day long. We are still working on the nighttime routine. He is so happy wearing his big boy undies!

Natalie had an eventful month. She is our clumsy, accident prone kiddo and we deal with a lot when it comes to her. Adam was gone and she split her eyebrow open after getting out of the shower, so I called my work and they got her in. I wasn't sure if it would need stitches, but the doctor recommended it. And the dermatologist that is in our ward just happened to be at the clinic for one of his patients, so he did her stitches and it looks great! No one can even tell it was split.

She also lost 2 teeth, this on if for the first lost tooth. The tooth fairy forgot to come at night, but in the morning she found her money and a nice note from the fairy apoligizing for the mistake. The tooth fairy sure has a lot of trouble remembering to bring the kids money for their teeth! Oh, and she literally lost both of her teeth when she put the first one in a cup and Adam dumped the cup full of water in the sink, and when she lost her second one, went to put it in the tooth jar and dropped it and lost it. When the tooth fairy actaully remembered to bring her money during the night, she didn't even remember to look for it or that the tooth fairy was coming!


The summit of Spencers Butte, one of our favorite places to hike.



One of the crafts we liked to do this summer, paint rocks for yard decorations. We did these for my mom's birthday and it was super fun! We had some friends over and did some for our yard. Painting them was very theraputic for me and we will be doing this a lot more.




1 comments:

Vidya said...

Hi,

I came across your blog when looking up information on stitches in eyebrow, as my toddler son (17 months) hit the bed frame and got stitches in his left eyebrow two weeks ago. I was just wondering when your daughter Natalie's scar was no longer visible? I'm just really worried about the scar!

Thanks,
Vidya